Burn Injury Attorneys With National Recognition Serving Clients throughout Houston, Texas
Burn injuries in Houston can result from a wide variety of accidents, and these types of injuries can be devastating. According to a fact sheet from the World Health Organization (WHO), a burn is characterized as “an injury to the skin or other organic tissue primarily caused by heat or due to radiation, radioactivity, electricity, friction, or contact with chemicals.” The most common types of burns are thermal burns, which are caused by a heat source and usually occur when an individual comes into contact with hot liquids, hot solids, or flames from a fire. However, there are many other types of burns that can cause serious and debilitating injuries, and our Houston burn injury attorneys are committed to assisting you with your case.
If you or someone you love recently suffered a serious burn injury, a Houston burn injury lawyer can help.
Nationally Recognized Burn Injury Lawyers Helping Houston Clients
The dedicated burn injury lawyers at Walker Morgan are nationally recognized advocates for burn injury victims. We handle only burn injury lawsuits, which means that we engage solely with issues surrounding burn injury law and burn injury claims. With years of experience handling burn injury lawsuits, we know that each case has its own nuances while also recognizing that similarities exist between burn injury cases.
We have a strong record of success, including the following recent settlements:
- $11 million settlement for a mother and child who sustained third-degree burn injuries in their home as a result of a propane leak;
- $8.5 million settlement for a plaintiff who suffered third-degree burns over 60 percent of his body after sustaining burn injuries in a sandblaster accident;
- $5.4 million settlement for a mother who lost three children in a house fire caused by a filling station’s negligent filling of a propane tank;
- $4.4 million verdict for a teenager who suffered electrical burns in a car accident caused by a downed power
- $2.8 million settlement for an electrician who suffered electrical injuries caused by a defective switch box; and
- $2.7 million settlement for plaintiffs who suffered severe burn injuries and smoke inhalation injuries during a house fire.
Our Firm Handles Many Different Types of Houston Burn Injury Cases
At Walker Morgan, we have years of experience assisting clients with many different types of burn injury lawsuits, including but not limited to those involving the following types of injuries:
- Thermal burns (or heat burns);
- Electrical burns;
- Chemical burns;
- Radiation burns;
- Gas explosions; and
- Smoke inhalation injuries.
Contact a Burn Injury Lawyer Today
Under Texas law, most burn injury victims have two years from the date of the accident to file a burn injury lawsuit. If the plaintiff misses this window, then she or he may lose the right to seek compensation by filing a burn injury claim. As such, it is extremely important to discuss your case with a dedicated Houston burn injury attorney as soon as possible.
At Walker Morgan, we provide personalized representation to each of our clients, and you can be assured that your case will receive the utmost attention. Contact us today to learn more about the services we provide to burn injury victims in Houston, Texas.
Disclaimer: The information on this web site may include details regarding recent settlements and verdicts the law firm has obtained. This information should not be considered by you as a representation that the same results can be obtained in your case nor as a guarantee of a specific result for your case. Every case is different and must be evaluated on its own merit. Results vary depending on the specific facts of legal circumstances of each person’s case. Every case is unique. Any result Walker Morgan, LLC may achieve on behalf of a client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.